Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hack Attack

I don't know if it's the fact that the games today are getting less and less substantial, that my will is gradually decreasing, or some combination of both, but I don't have much to say about this one at all.  It's one of those Asteroids-ey multidirectional top-down shooters.  You know the kind.  There are two main problems I have with this game: a design issue and a control issue.

First, this game is just way too cluttered for my tastes.  There are bullets and enemies everywhere and getting hit by them seems to be more of an inevitability than an option.  This is largely due to the control issue:

I don't know who on the dev team thought it would be a good idea to limit the movement buttons to the arrow keys as opposed to WASD, but whoever it was is responsible for 90% of the game's frustration.  See, when holding the up arrow key, the left arrow key doesn't work, meaning you can't go forward and left at the same time.  I know this isn't just a problem with my computer because I remember having the same problem on other computers, albeit with different programs.

That's all I got.  Until next time, stay triangular.

Links
pew pew triangles: https://www.digipen.edu/?id=1170&proj=25882

No comments:

Post a Comment