Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cosmic Armageddon

Well damn, that's certainly the most interesting title I've read thus far.  Too bad the game isn't that interesting.  Oh, oops.  Did I spoil the review already?

Cosmic Armageddon is just another 3D shooting spree where you kill shapes.  The meat of this game is that enemies drop different weapons that you can use.  The catch is that you can only carry one weapon at a time.  If you're thinking that this doesn't sound like a very interesting concept, that's because it isn't.

In all honesty, this game works.  It's fun.  Not as fun as Claustrophere and much more fun than Comerade Ivan's Kannonwagens. It's just that there's nothing unique about it.  Sure there's a slowmo button but that's been done to death by the gaming medium.  Honestly the only thing that really stuck out in my mind was how atrocious the movement controls were.  You character is way too slow at times and way too fast at others.  I think your speed is determined by your incline, but trust me: it doesn't work the way you think it would.

I was never one to drag out reviews when I had nothing to talk about, so I guess I'm going to end it here.  Until next time, stay interesting.

Links
https://www.digipen.edu/?id=1170&proj=418

No comments:

Post a Comment